“I loved your seminar at Art Supply Warehouse. You have a strong grasp of business skills – especially marketing and deal sense.
I attended hoping to learn how to sell the few fine art paintings I’ve completed and I came away with the skills to make money in the art business.” Richard Q. – Aug. 2010
People want to learn from others who have achieved what they are looking for. The best way I can help people is through sharing personal experiences, good and bad, and philosophies for success in the art world.
I help in two ways:
1 – SPEAKING: I’ll come speak to your group. Details below.
2 – ARTIST CONSULTING: Hire me to consult you one-on-one. Details are here.
Hire me to come speak at your trade show, university or school. Successful professional artist Drew Brophy and I work together as a team to address the real issues that professional artists and art students face today.
The topics we enjoy covering include:
- Plan your career – Map it out to Create the life you want
- Brand Yourself & Tell your Story
- Basic principles for success & Promote yourself shamelessly
- Business Ethics, Money Matters & Pricing Strategies
- License your art to work smarter, not harder
- Self discipline and motivation
Past and Present Speaking Engagements include (we just list a few here – there are many)
- Kendall College of Art & Design, Grand Rapids, MI November 11 (Lecture – Art Licensing, for Artist As Brand Program)
- Furman University, Greenville, South Carolina October 1, 2012 (Lecture – details here)
- Catalyst at Art Supply Warehouse, Westminster, CA, April 23, 2011 (Art Marketing Lecture)
- Catalyst at Art Supply Warehouse, Westminster, CA, August 7, 2010 (10 Keys to Artists’ Success)
- San Clemente Center for the Arts, July 16, 2010 (Licensing 101)
- Boards and Waves Exposition, Cocoa Beach, FL April 2010
- San Clemente Center for the Arts, CA, November 2009
- Sacred Craft Expo, Del Mar, CA Oct. 2009
- Surf Expo, Orlando August 2009
- Casa Romantica Surf Culture Days, San Clemente, CA August 2009
- The Licensing Expo, New York, June 2008
To book a memorable, inspirational speech or informative lesson with Maria Brophy and/or Drew Brophy for your audience, please e-mail mariab at drewbrophy dot com or call 949-678-8133.
Our prices vary, depending on the time involved and location. We are willing to travel when expenses are paid, or we can arrange an event when we are already planning to be in your area.