TRAVEL NOTICE: Please note that I am traveling until June 13, 2017 and will be without computer access. All consulting appointments and responses will occur after June 13, 2017. Thank you for your patience!
As your Art Business Consultant, my job is to turn your agony into relief, in just one session!
My expertise is deal-making for artists, art licensing, branding and problem solving. For a full description of how I can help you, please read my Art Business Consulting Page.
“I woke up this morning and because of you, for the first time in I don’t know how long, did not feel stressed out. I can actually take a deep breath, enjoy my weekend. I’m on the right track! I have a plan! Yay!” Sharna Fulton
THIS IS HOW I WORK:
Depending upon your needs, see below a variety of options to choose from:
1: IN DEPTH CONSULTING HOUR: One *hour of consulting to help you understand an Agreement/Deal or to make a solid plan for you. (And follow up as needed.) $175/hour – To set up a time, please do the following:
A. Send payment for the first hour of $175 via PayPal, using the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org in advance.
Then: E-mail email@example.com, tell me specifically what you need help with, and I’ll let you know if I believe that I can help you. (If I don’t think I’ll be of value, I’ll refer you to someone else and refund your money promptly.) At that time we will schedule the day and time for our call.
B. *If you have an Agreement/Deal that you want me to review, our time will work like this: I’ll review the agreement prior to our call and our phone session will be 30 minutes rather than an hour (the price remains at $175).
C. Email me links to your artwork and attach any document you want me to review.
Special: For those who purchase my eBook titled How To Understand Art Licensing Contracts, I offer $50.00 off your first hour of consulting with me – schedule your consulting appointment to use this discount within one month of purchase, please.*
2. QUICKIE CALL: You get me on the phone or by Skype for 20 minutes and I’ll answer one burning question or problem you may be struggling with (i.e. how much should you charge, info on licensing, how to handle a difficult client, etc.); To set up a time, please do the following:
Click here to set up your appointment time and to pay: SCHEDULE LINK
There will be a section that you complete where you can enter your question or problem. (If I don’t think I can be of value, I will promptly refund your money.)
3. BUY ME LUNCH, I’LL ANSWER YOUR EMAIL QUESTION! People are always asking to take me to lunch in exchange for info! However, due to a busy schedule, I’d rather have you send your burning question by e-mail and I’ll answer it within 72 hours (on weekends allow another day);
To get your question answered, please do the following:
1. Send me lunch money in the amount of $35.00 via PayPal, using the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. E-mail email@example.com, tell me your question; I will send my answer as quickly as possible. (If I don’t think I’ll be of value, I’ll refund your money promptly)
4. ARTIST BRANDING ASSESSMENT PACKAGE: I will review your art, your website and your online “story” to help determine if your information is in line with who you really are and what you want to project out into the world. This package is done entirely by email. I will review your website, and then give you an assessment and a list of the 3 most important steps to take to tighten up your online persona.
To get your brand as an artist assessed, please do the following:
1. Send payment in the amount of $175.00 via Paypal, using the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. E-Mail email@example.com and ask for your ARTIST BRANDING ASSESSMENT PACKAGE. Include links to all of your online social media accounts and your website. I will then send you a list of questions, and once received back from you, I will email your assessment. Please allow up 2-5 days for completion (plus weekend days).
5. THE INNER CIRCLE: PERSONAL ONE-ON-ONE MONTHLY COACHING FOR THE PART TIME OR FULL TIME ARTIST: I will be your business companion on a monthly basis, guiding you every step of the way. I’ll help you solve day to day art business problems, determine how much to charge, and I’ll guide you on making decisions. I’ll also give assistance with wording your written agreements, letters and solicitations.
Things I help with:
- A company wants to print your art on their products. Should you, how much should you charge, and what type of contract do you need?
- An art consultant/broker wants to work with you, but her demands are more than she’s willing to pay. How can you turn this into a good deal?
- A gallery wants you to exhibit, but asked you to pay for advertising. Should you?
- Your website needs work; but you aren’t sure what to do with it.
- An opportunity came for you to promote your work in a big way, but you aren’t sure if it’s fair or what to ask for.
- Charities are asking for art. You have given a lot. How can you turn this into a sale?
- You want to leave your full time job, but you aren’t sure when you will be ready. How can you properly plan to make the leap?
- What language should you use in your proposals, written agreements and emails with clients, to protect yourself?
- Wording a winning proposal.
- Any situation where you are not sure of the right decision to make.
I can help with all of this, and more!
This Monthly Coaching option is best for artists who are already selling their work and who are getting opportunities and want help making decisions. My role will be that of business consultant, available for you when you need me. I will help you make decisions that are congruent with your vision and desires. This package includes two scheduled 30 minute phone calls a month, plus unlimited email access to me (except weekends). A lot of the work is by email, as I can share with you language and wording to use in proposals and agreements.
There is no long term commitment – you will be charged at the start of each monthly cycle. Your investment is $450 a month. You can cancel anytime.
One of my current monthly coaching clients wrote this: “Maria is a life saver. My dream to become a successful artist is coming true, and I give Maria major credit for getting me there. Maria’s coaching expertise is beyond what I expected. She always has answers to my questions, and unique strategies for my goals. Her experience in the art industry is vast, and her knowledge is invaluable and cutting edge. But best of all, she believes in me, and instills belief in myself.” Sara Phelps
To get started with our monthly coaching, please do the following:
1. Send payment in the amount of $450.00 via Paypal, using the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. E-mail email@example.com and give me your preferred day and time for our first call. After that, we will dig deep into your goals and start working on your foundation to grow your art business to be what you envision it to be.
3. This is an ongoing coaching program, month to month, designed to help you grow your art business at a faster rate. You can terminate the coaching at any time.
6. ART LICENSING AGREEMENT TEMPLATE PACKAGE: We all need a little help getting started. If you want to create your own Art Licensing Agreement, this package will help. This License Agreement template will work for many art licensing deals.
This package includes:
- Sample License Agreement Template in a Word Document that you can make changes to so you can use it again and again, for many different deals
- Separate PDF sheet explaining terms, sections of the contract; basics of what you need to know to get started
- One consulting email exchange (within 10 days of purchase) with me, with your questions; I will answer within 72 hours
- BONUS Template! An AMENDMENT to a License Agreement, for future use should you make changes to any license contract, add new artworks, or extend the term of an agreement. This template is provided in a Word Document with instructions so that you can make changes to it as needed.
(Do not use this template for a complicated deal or when there are huge sums of money involved; you’ll need an artist’s attorney for such situations. If you aren’t sure if this is for you, email me and I’ll let you know.)
PLEASE NOTE: I am not an attorney; the forms that I use have been developed over time for use with both my husband’s licensing deals as well as other artists that I have worked with, with the help of many different attorneys along the way. To have your own contract drawn up, specifically to meet your personal situation, please consult a licensed artist’s attorney.
To get your Sample Licensing Contract Package, please CLICK HERE.
Legal Disclaimer Applicable to all of my services: I am not an attorney! I do not have a legal degree; my expertise comes from years of working in the business of art. My job is to help you understand how things work, and then determine if the deal you are being offered is right for you. If you want legal advice on the nitty gritty of contract language, please hire an art attorney that specializes in art and licensing.